Friday, February 5, 2010

Bounty


Well I thought I ought to start this blogging caper with something to inspire me. If my dream is to be self-sufficient then this harvest from our community garden plot (admittedly largely the work of two more organised friends!) is the closest I've come yet. We got almost a whole meal out of it which was lots of fun - so much healthier and enjoyable eating your own produce (at least while the novelty is still there). I am not under many illusions, I know to be truly self sufficient takes so much time, money and commitment if I get there it will likely be in retirement! But I don't want to let a little idealism get completely lost in the day to day realities, so I plan to celebrate my meagre efforts here and see what comes of it. I've never been one for diaries or consistent hobbies, so you can be sure the blogging will be random and intermittent, but hopefully fun...here I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment